MCC 25th Anniversary Year!
2005 was a year of celebration, with an exciting selection of special events and programs - that recognized 25 years of strengthening families, one baby at a time.
Our 25th Anniversary culiminated with a gathering of MCC's friends and families.
An impressive lineup of MCC supporters, including alumni from our early years, made up our 25th Anniversary Committee. What a year of events it was...
March - April 2005
- First Forum of special 25th Anniversary Educational Series "Childbirth at a Crossroads: Stakeholders Speak" took place on March 8, 2005 at 8:00am at the College of Physicians.
- Celebrating Mothers Silver Anniversary Tea (March 12, 2005) at the Philadelphia Flower Show was a sellout. The of 25th Anniversary Celebrating Mothers kickoff unveiled the appeal's card design and short video. Over 200 friends of MCC enjoyed an afternoon of tea and flowers, hosted by honorary chairperson Lynn Doyle of CN8.
- Celebrating Mothers Appeal signing events at Church of Redeemer in Bryn Mawr brought volunteers from Citizens bank and Gamma Sigma Sigma from Drexel and LaSalle Universities. With their help we mailed 10,000 letters in record time. With a donation, MCC sends a unique Mother's Day card to a special woman designated by the donor.
April - June 2005
- Celebrating Mothers direct mail Campaign and cards, media, and MOMobile site events was a huge success.
- Second session of MCC's Educational Series on "Childbirth at a Crossroads: How Beliefs and Practices Evolve" took place on May 12, 2005. The session was followed by a cocktail reception and book signing celebrating the Maternity Care Coalition's 25th Anniversary and the new edition of Our Bodies Ourselves.
September - 2005
- 600 friends of MCC celebrated this milestone with us at a blowout event on September 29 at the Hyatt Penn's Landing. The event featured a new video sponsored by Comcast, highlighting MCC's history mission, programs and future. Reuniting old friends and new, this event included a live and silent auction, great food and a good time for all. Take a look at the 25th Anniversary Celebration.